- 1 LATEST NEWS
- 2 Introduction to Mobile Robots
- 3 Drone References
- 4 Linux References
- 5 ROS and Programming References
- 6 Mobile Robot Control References
- 7 Recommended Textbook
Quadcopter Built by CS460 Students at Prince Sultan University
Introduction to Mobile Robots
Video Tutorials and Lectures
- Video lectures are now available on Vimeo. Link: https://vimeo.com/album/2585538
- ROS ROS Short Tutorials, on YouTube
- CSE550 at wustl
The objective of this course is to present the fundamental concepts to develop autonomous mobile robots. The course covers the basics of mobile robots control, kinematic theory, navigation, localization and perception. The course will consolidate the understanding of theoretical concepts through practical hands-on activities pertaining to robot programming and deployment. We use two types of robotics platforms: (1) the Arduino robot for quick and easy prototyping of control applications to illustrate theoretical concepts on navigation sensing and actuation. (2) Turtlebot robot with ROS Hydro for more advanced robotic application development using ROS with the objective to focus on application design and development.
The aim of this course is to give PSU students, in computer science and engineering colleges, an opportunity to discover the world of robotics, and design and develop real robotic applications.
Topics of Interest
Robotics is a wide discipline. In CS460, lectures and activities will focus the basic notion of an autonomous robot control loop. CS460 focuses mostly on computational issues for perception (estimation of the state of the world), decision making (deciding on actions to achieve objectives), and motion control (executing decided actions). CS460 does not cover in substance topics within robot mechanical engineering for building the body (actuators, sensors, physical parts) of a robot.
- Cheat Sheet of Unix/Linux Command Reference
- An Introduction to the Linux Command Shell For Beginners
ROS and Programming References
Quick and Useful Links
- You want to install ROS? Ubuntu install of ROS Hydro
- You want to learn about ROS? ROS Tutorials
- Quick Guide to ROS Commands ROS Cheat Sheet Hydro
- Python 3 Cheat Sheet
- C++ Reference Sheet
- C++ Cheat Sheet
- C++ Cheat Sheet with Code
- How to Program in C++
- STL Quick Reference
Mobile Robot Control References
- Mobile Robot Control, Free Online Course, Coursera, 2014.
The primary textbook recommended for this course is
Peter Corke, Robotics, Vision & Control, Springer, 2011.
The textbook provides the fundamental concepts of mobile robotics, computer vision, and mobile robots control.
Students can also have a look at the following books
Roland Siegwart, Illah R. Nourbakhsh, “Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robots”, ISBN-13: 978-0262195027
Gregory Dudek and Michael Jenkin, Computational Principles of Mobile Robotics, Second Edition. Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, 2010.
Howie Choset, Kevin M. Lynch, Seth Hutchinson, George Kantor, Wolfram Burgard, Lydia E. Kavraki, and Sebastian Thrun, Principles of Robot Motion: Theory, Algorithms and Implementations, MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 2005.
- Course material Robotics 1, by Prof. Alessandro De Luca
- Course material Robotics 2, by Prof. Alessandro De Luca
- Advanced Robotics, Cornell University